Friday, December 16, 2016

Week 12: Analyzing Online Marketing Part 1

Hey CSIT 155,
   Welcome back to my blog! Today's topic is about analyzing online marketing. This is part one of two. For part 1, I am going to be discussing 5 business that are similar to mine, which is within the beauty industry. Let's hop right into it.

1. KLPolish
   This is a brand new nail polish line created by beauty influencer KathleenLights. She started on YouTube and is now the creator and owner of her own polish line. I've seen her advertisements on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram. I do follow the brand page as well. The social advertising is working tremendously well for this brand. The pre-sale sold out within days of it being out. The launch date of December 5 was successful as well. KL Polish doing so well in the social advertising aspect may be due to Kathleen having such a big following on social media. What drew my attention for this brand,besides the fact I love Kathleen and her channel, is that she used photos to advertise her product. She used all different skin tones for each polish color, which for me as brand is great. The use of different skin tones shows how diverse and different each polish color will look on all people. That is a great marketing strategy. Now that the brand is launched, they post photos of the customers wearing the polishes which helps in my opinion. The more I see of these ads, the more I want.

2. Makeup Geek
  I've mentioned this brand before on my blog and I love the way they use Facebook and Instagram to advertise. They use YouTube to promote the products. With the use of imagery and deals everyday for the holiday season is amazing and very effective. I love how they use customers as there models for their advertising. They also post their shadows, lip products, and face products in bundles for whatever deal they have for the day. Being in the beauty community myself, I feel that this is a great way to promote and advertise your product. Coming up with different bundles everyday for the holiday season is a great way to get your brand out there to people who may not know about it or give a little hint to people if you share it that it is something you would want. Marlena's marketing strategy is to use sneak peeks and hype of the product, which none of her products are bad, She also uses her customers as inspiration and to show people different looks you can do with her products.

3.Glisten & Glow
   Glisten & Glow is an indie nail polish brand that I found through a YouTuber that I watch. They mainly use Instagram to market their products. They do so by using their customers photos, giving credit of course to the customer. This makes me want to try their polishes. I've heard nothing but good things about the formula of the polishes. What really intrigues me about the brand is their social advertising, Using customer's photos is a way to get new customer's to see just how good the polishes are.

4. Devonne By Demi
 This is Demi Lovato's skincare line, which I love. I am a customer of this brand. And they use not just Demi as an advertising tool, they also use their customers. The brand has hashtags for their customers to use so they can see them and repost them for advertisement, always giving credit to the customer. To advertise, I see it a lot on Facebook and instagram. The hashtags I see a lot are  #FFF(fresh faced Friday), #NMM( NO Makeup Monday), #DevonnebyDemi. These hashtags are very fun and useful because anyone who looks up the hashtags you will see not just Demi herself but others who use the brand as well. This brand is all natural and actually works for all skin types which is crazy. I have seen 1 TV advertisement, but  I love the social media advertisments.

5.  Jeffree Star Cosmetics
 This brand is owned and created by the one and only Jeffree Star. Jeffree was a musician and turned makeup artist. He created his brand 2 years ago and ever since it came out it's been hard for the products to stay in stock. He has skin frosts(highlighters), liquid lipsticks, lip scrubs, and lip ammunition(standard lipstick).He uses all platforms of social media to advertise and uses customers as well to promote the brand. I really enjoy his advertisments because they are colorful and sometimes in video form. He uses YouTube to preview his upcoming products and does live swatches. His advertisement is really modern and cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment