Friday, December 16, 2016

Week 15: Wrapping Things Up & Looking Ahead FINAL POST

CSIT 155,
 We made it to the final blog post of the semester! In this post I will be summing up what I learned this semester.
  My use of social media has changed drastically this semester! I post way more than I did previously. I realized in this class that consistency is the key to growing my business and my audience. I realized my use of social media is now forever changed and I will continue to post regularly or daily. I went from barely posting to posting more than once a day or even once every few hours to make sure I stay relevant and active on all platforms. The only one I will work on is YouTube. Since YouTube takes more time than posting on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
  I didn't see a big increase in my business, but that may be because it's not an actual business yet. I don't have all the things I need to be a legit freelance makeup artist, a kit. My increase of Instagram followers is mainly what I gained. I had just created a second account for my YouTube channel, which is more about beauty and fashion. With this class I noticed I did become more active and it did make a difference in my follower count. I hope with time it will continue to grow.
  Before this class, my viewpoint of social media was that it was a fun way to connect with friends and family, Now my viewpoint is that social media is a great marketing and advertising tool. I learned that I can use it to grow my business as a beauty influencer. If  I am consistent, I will grow and my audience will grow with me. Also, I learned how social media is amazing for connecting with your clients or followers and lettig them get to know you on more personal level depending on your business. For my business, I feel as though now after taking this class I understand why so many others in my beauty community are all about posting all the time. It makes sense now.
  I now have a better understanding as to why social media is all the craze for businesses. Considering my fiance is also wanting to start a business, social media has a great way to pave the path to a successful business. This class helped me realize that if I want to have a business, I need to be consistent on social media or you don't stay relevant and no one will care or hear about your business.
 I 100% find myself wanting to use social media for business, product, or service. This class has taught me to be more consistent and confident in my social media use, so now I feel as though I know what will work for my business. I feel as though I can give my fiance advice on how to use social media for his business to get it up and running on those platforms. Heck, I have the knowledge and confidence that I can run his social media for the business he and his best friend wish to have. I loved learning how each platform is great for which types of businesses. I realized how much I love social media and interacting with people. I always loved creating content and blogging, after this class I want to start my own blog dealing with beauty and plus size fashion, and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment