Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week 11:Using Other Social Media Tools Part 2

Hey CSIT 155,
 Today I am going to be discussing the results of my research of  Groupon and Yelp. I did a lot of research into these two particularly this is where my business can learn and grow into a successful one. Groupon and Yelp were the two that interested me the most, mainly because I had to research them for another class of mine.

 First we are going to start with Groupon, which is a coupon site and app. Through my research I learned that this is a great way for a small business to get noticed. If I were to put out a great deal whether it be a percentage deal or a lower price with coupon, I could possibly gain more customers and get the word out about my business. One thing I noticed about this coupon site is that the coupons and deals have a long time before they expire. This can be a good thing, but to play devil's advocate it can be a bad thing as well. If you only have the deal specifically for a certain time of year or during a lot of special occasions, with a longer expiration date anyone can get the coupon and use it for whenever they feel like it or in another year if they already booked someone else. I like Groupon and think it's a great service but I feel as though it needs a little tweaking for some of their deals and coupons.

Second and last is Yelp, which I use all the time. Yelp is a great way to see how you are doing as a business. You can have your customers review your service and give it a  rating of 1-5 stars. which you always wanna strive for 5 star reviews. This would be a great way for me to see how I am doing in the eyes of my customers. I would want them to have a voice and let other people know what the think of me and my service, whether it is positive or negative. I feel as though the uploading pictures of the service and giving feedback is an excellent way for me to grow and improve my business if it were to come down to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment