Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week 8: Twitter

Hey y'all,
  Today's post is all about Twitter, one of my personal favorite social media sites to use. I love using twitter to connect with my followers and potential clients. Its a great customer service aspect as well.
Let's hop right into today's post about twitter.

  One of the first things I did when I created my account was search for other accounts that would benefit my business and that were relevant to what my business is, which is obviously beauty and makeup. I used words such as: makeup, beauty, beauty bloggers, etc. I didn't have to play around with key terms too much due to the fact that on my other twitter account I follow a lot of beauty bloggers and beauty brands already. I talk to some of the beauty bloggers I happen to follow.
  Some of the beauty related people and accounts I found were:
    TooFaced Cosmetics
    Benefit Cosmetics
    Jaclyn Hill
    Kathleen Lights
    Young Wild and Polished(Nicole)
    Morphe Brushes
    Makeup Geek Cosmetics
    KatVonD Beauty
    Laura Lee
    Jeffree Star Cosmetics
    Kylie Cosmetics

I created two lists for  the simple reason that it can keep my favorite beauty brands and beauty bloggers and influencers separated. It is also an easier way to organize potential friends and PR opportunities in the future. The two lists I created were Beauty Brands, which consists of my favorite beauty brands to follow and possibly some PR opportunity. The second list is Beauty Bloggers, which consists of my favorite beauty bloggers that I could potentially become good friends with or collab with on a video one day for YouTube. The creation of the lists helps me stay organized by separating personal and business ideas.  I like seeing the brands I love and would love to work with one day in one specific area. I also like to see the beauty bloggers and influencers I look up to and love to follow laid out in one area.

I feel like most customers would most likely see my tweets during the late afternoon/evening or at night. For me, that is when I notice the most interaction all on platforms. This is probably due to the fact that people are busy with work or school and don't always have the notifications on for when I tweet. Another factor could be that I am such a small, new page that it can be difficult to get a lot of views right of the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment