Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 7: Get Visual Part 1

  Are visual networks good for my business and which ones do I find are going to be the most helpful? This is what I will be discussing in this post. I hope you find it interesting to hear my viewpoint and as always leave any question and comments below. Happy Reading!

    First off, I would like to say that visual networks are very helpful with some businesses and for certain people. I feel as though using visual networks such as YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pintrest, and many more are very helpful but can also be very time consuming.
   With that said, I feel like visual networks will be the most helpful for my business because someone can go to my Instagram or YouTube to see my skills at work whether it be on myself or on a family member. I believe that visual networks are the best for my business because wanting to go into the beauty community is hard enough when you are on a budget and having people trust you without any proof is even harder. I feel like having something to either watch or see is a great way to show that I do know what I'm doing and even though I don't have a degree in cosmetology doesn't mean I can't do what you want as a client.

   Facebook, I feel is great way to show off my skills in either photos or a live get ready with me style video. I love that Facebook has added that feature to it. Facebook also has the most users with 1.4 billion, that's a lot of potential clients and people to see my business and skills. Facebook is probably one of my top picks for visual networking. The way it can reach people by having people like your page and then sharing it is a word of mouth way of growing my business..

   Instagram, is most likely my 2nd highest pick for visual networking. Mainly because I love photography and editing pictures of beauty items and my makeup looks and creations. It is a great feeling when someone hits that little heart or leaves a nice comment. I personally need to stay on top of my Instagram page because I can tend to forget that to grow it, I need to post often. This particular visual network can be time consuming but if I post once a day, I should be able to grow.

   YouTube, my number one pick for visual networks, especially for me and my business. Having a business in the beauty community is hard enough, add in all the beauty influencers out there, its even harder to get recognized and get business. For me having a YouTube channel is not only a great way to show off my craft and skills with makeup, its also a great outlet for brands and PR firms for companies in the industry to maybe want to work with me in that way. I enjoy watching videos on YouTube and used to have a channel, now I'm glad I deleted that one and made this one because it gave me a chance to really make sure this is the route I wanted to grow my business and wanted to show off my work. This is one of the most time consuming because of the filming and editing you have to do for your videos.

    Google+, I really don't understand this one. I have 2 google+ accounts and I never use them. This is one I would probably never use for my business. Mostly because it confuses me and I would rather use Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to grow my business. I don't see this particular visual network as a helpful way to grow my business due to the fact that you have make groups or circles with your page just to get anywhere. I would rather film, take a picture, edit it  and put it up for a broader audience to see and make their decision that way.

    Tumblr, is kinda dying out in my opinion, especially since YouTube and Instagram have come onto the scene and people are using other blog sites to show their work or creations and use for business. I don't see myself using Tumblr for my business just because I prefer YouTube and Instagram to show off my skills and work. I don't ever go on Tumblr, I read other blogs on other sites for my business. Personally, my business would not grow with Tumblr, in my opinion. I don't see a lot of beauty related pages on Tumblr. To me it seems more like a fashion or pop culture blog.

   Pintrest is one of those visual networks that can get confusing very quickly. I enjoy using Pintrest just not for my business. I can get my inspiration for looks from there but for growing a business I don't see how you can grow a business with Pintrest. There are a lot of amazing things on Pintrest, I just don't  know how a business could grow using Pintrest since all you are doing is pinning pictures you like. This one is good for inspiration for me and my business, just not good for growing my business.

  Snapchat! I love Snapchat, though it is the most time consuming. This is a great way for my clients to get to know me on a more personal level without having to vlog. I love vlogging and this is essentially a vlog. I feel like I can show my clients and followers what I am up to and how I am outside a business setting. It is a great way to interact with your clients and I love interacting with people. I follow some of my favorite beauty gurus on Snapchat. To me it gives an insight view into the life of person. The best part is the snapchat story only lasts for 24 hours before it disappears from your followers story feed.

  The ones I feel would work best for me and my business are YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.

No comments:

Post a Comment