Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week 7 Part 2: Get Visual

  Hey y'all! For this post I am going to be discussing why visual media works for some companies and why it works specifically for the business I am starting. Hope you enjoy this post. Don't forget to leave a comment before you leave. I would love to hear your thoughts. Let's get right into it.

     For my particular business, visual media is a must for me. It is the best way to show of my skills and my work. It helps potential clients see if my type of work and skill is something they are looking for. I believe that when you are a self-taught freelance makeup artist it is essential to have either an Instagram or YouTube account because on Instagram you can show of your work with pictures of your clients, on yourself, or on your family members if they say it is ok to post their photo. This gives my clients an idea of my work and are able to contact me via business email if they are interested.
YouTube is something I am very passionate about. I love filming and editing my makeup tutorials or a get ready with me. This is visual media where people can see me actually do my craft and get advice from me. I love YouTube and plan to use it to my advantage with my business.

  The first business I researched that is similar to mine was makeup geek, this is a business I have looked at and purchased from prior to this assignment. I love this company and its visuals. The owner Marlena has her YouTube channel where she shows her audience sneak peaks of  her new items that are being released. She also shows ways to weather herproducts, such as color combinations for eyeshadow looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment